The Haemophilia Foundation of New Zealand (HFNZ) has the opportunity for a strategic and motivational leader to make a difference across a broad national community.
Established in 1958, HFNZ supports and represents people with haemophilia and other related bleeding disorders in New Zealand.
HFNZ is a registered charity that aims to:
- provide support for people with haemophilia, von Willebrand's Disorder and related bleeding disorders and their families/whanau
- maintain and improve the standard of treatment of haemophilia and related bleeding disorders throughout New Zealand
- be a representative of the haemophilia population at a government level and to health and disability service providers
- be a responsible member of the global bleeding disorders community
- HFNZ's mission statement is to promote excellence in haemophilia care,education,advocacy and support.
HFNZ is currently looking for its next leader to bring the right mix of leadership and strategic thinking and implementation to the position. HFNZ has had a history of strong leadership, however the time is right to take the organisation to the next level.
In a broad sense the responsibilities of the role will be to manage the finances, fundraising, staff, projects and initiatives, and work with the board to delivery strategic objectives to further the goals and objectives of HFNZ.
The position is responsible for 7 employees; however there are a number of other individuals around the country that support HFNZ in the form of passionate volunteers who have a very close affinity to the disorder and can assist in a number of ways; given the correct leadership and direction.
The successful applicant will be an individual who understands the complexities and challenges involved in delivering successful outcomes with limited resources. You will hold a relevant tertiary qualification or relevant experience, and ideally have an understanding of the health and disability sector.
You are commercially astute with excellent negotiation and influencing skills and can motivate a broad range of individuals, understanding the value of teamwork and networking. Integrity and trust are values you hold in high regard. The challenge is how you are able to accomplish the organisation's objective to a high quality, with the constraints that currently challenge charitable organisations.
Fundamentally, the role is to improve the level of care for individuals with haemophilia and related bleeding disorders and their families, and continually improve services for members; understanding that every member has different needs and expectations regarding HFNZ due to personal circumstances and demographics.
Some of the key challenges:
- Diversification of funding
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with funders
- Strong understanding of financial reporting
- Understanding and awareness of government policy regarding health and disability
- Raising the profile and understanding of haemophilia, related bleeding disorders, and HFNZ
- Utilisation of the volunteer network
This is a highly rewarding position that will allow you to make a huge difference to a grateful community. Your results will be highly transparent allowing you to clearly see the impact of your endeavours. The role offers strategic challenge and the opportunity to work with passionate individuals who have a vested interest in your success.
The closing date for applications is 19th May 2014.
If this opportunity is of interest please submit your CV to email@example.com or feel free to contact Liam on 04 236 7903 for a confidential and open discussion. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Apply via Seek.co.nz