Haemophilia Outreach Worker: Southern
Are you a Community Sector Practitioner looking for a New Challenge?
HFNZ is looking for an Outreach Worker to work 30 hours/week supporting members in our Southern Region; covering the whole of NZ’s South Island.
Our talented & committed team of Outreach Workers provide advocacy, education, care, and guidance to people and whānau affected by bleeding disorders throughout NZ, supporting them to manage their own health and well-being.
We work with people from a wide range of backgrounds, multicultural settings, and life spans, from birth to death, and engage with diverse communities
If you're a skilled relationship builder, a team player, and you can independently manage your own region, then you're just what we want.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Evidence of tertiary study or qualification in social work, counselling, human services, or similar, or working towards a qualification in a relevant field
- A minimum of two years' experience in a related area
- An understanding of the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi on their practice.
It would be great if they were…
- Confident facilitating and presenting in large and small group settings
- Sincere, patient, tactful, and skilled at earning the trust of others
- Committed and enthusiastic
However, they must have…
- A Full Drivers Licence
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and databases
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and school holidays, as required
- Excellent self-management skills, allowing them to maintain high standards while working independently
- A willingness to travel nationally and/or internationally as required.
The position will initially be based at the Christchurch head office. However, head office is relocating in 2018, and the position will become home-based.
If this sounds like you, email Phil Constable at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the job description, or contact us on 03 371 7477 for more info.
Applications close Sunday October 8