Are you a Community Health Sector Practitioner looking for a new challenge?
The Haemophilia Foundation of New Zealand (HFNZ) is a charitable organisation supporting people and their family and whanau living with haemophilia and related bleeding disorders across New Zealand. We are looking for an outreach worker to work from home for up to 30 hours per week and travel to meet with members. The outreach worker will support members in the Northern Region, and be based in Auckland.
Our talented and committed team of outreach workers provide advocacy, education, care, and guidance to people and whanau affected by bleeding disorders throughout NZ, supporting them to manage their own health and wellbeing.
We work with people from a wide range of backgrounds, multicultural settings, and life spans, from birth to death, and engage with diverse communities. Part of the role also includes organising and facilitating events for our membership.
If you're a skilled relationship builder, a team player with a can-do attitude, and have proven ability to independently manage your own workload, then this job is for you.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A tertiary qualification in social work, counselling, health, or similar
- A minimum of three years' experience in a related area
- An understanding of the implications of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi on their day-to-day practice.
Essential qualities are someone who is:
- Confident and experienced in facilitating and presenting in large and small group settings
- Sincere, patient, tactful, and skilled at earning the trust of others
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Excellent communicator to a wide range of ages.
- A Full Drivers Licence
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and databases
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and school holidays, as required
- Excellent self-management skills, maintaining high standards while working independently from home
- A expectation to travel nationally as required.
If this sounds like you, email Sue Ellis at email@example.com for a copy of the job description, or contact Sue on 027 2828332 for more information.
To learn more about HFNZ visit www.haemophilia.org.nz
Applications close 06 April 2021. Successful applicants will be expected to commence late April 2021.
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org